Need short prayer help?
I invite you to take a spiritual journey with me and meditate on one line of prayer a day.
Line 1, Day 1 begins:
“Living one day at a time.”
Is this an overwhelming thought? For those living with personal loss and crisis, getting out of bed can be a victory. Break down a 24-hour day into minutes; minutes into seconds. Can you live a second at a time? Can you wrap your head around one second? In other words, living in the now? Being mindful?
Here’s an example of the one-second-at-a-time lifestyle.
Bing! Bing! (alarm rings!)
- Action: You switch the alarm off. Self-talk: I am now turning off the alarm.
- Action: Feet hit bedroom floor. Self-talk: I am now getting out of bed.
- Action: Head to bathroom. Self-talk: I am now on route to the bathroom.
- Action: I am reading my computer screen.
- Self-talk: I am now reading a terrific blog called, WTF (Where’s the faith?). It is a post about prayer, and I think it might just help me change my life for the better.
Stay tuned!…until next time…walk by faith not by sight!